Sunday, September 20, 2009

Puyallup Fair

Today my mom, Kim, Erin and I went to the Puyallup Fair. I haven't been in several years so I was excited. The only thing I wasn't excited about was the fair food temptation. They have really yummy unhealthy food and I am trying to eat as healthy as possible. We arrived right when they opened at 10am. We first went to see the cows which were big and smelly. I didn't breathe through my nose the whole time we were in the cow building. Then we saw the horses. Those weren't as smelly. I am just wondering why they make it where we only see the animal's butts. I would much rather see their faces. As we were looking at the last of the horses one of them, Nick, let out a nice big fart. After that I was done looking at the big animals.

We walked around a little bit then decided to get some lunch. I brought my lunch but I saw on the menu a 100% whole wheat wrap so I got that. I did also eat most of what I brought which was a banana, a special K bar and a slice of cheese. I thought I made a good decision. After lunch we went to see something called "Mutton Bustin." It is bull riding with sheep and kids under the age of 6. My mom has seen it before and says it is hilarious. Before the competition started, there was a person dressed in a sheep costume entertaining the people in the stands. He was dancing to music and doing tricks. He was pretty funny. I had a gut feeling before it started that I wouldn't like it and I was right. I only stayed to watch the first 2 kids. It was too hard for me to watch for some reason. I know the kids aren't forced to do it but they look so sad holding onto the sheep.

When I walked away I went to the nearby booths. One was selling purses and one was selling hats and sunglasses. I started looking at the hats and found one I really like. I'm not normally a hat person but I figured it would be good if I don't feel like doing my hair. :) Next we walked around looking at the different booths. We found one in the arts building that had glass nail files. They are really cool. They have 3 different sizes and the big one also works on the bottom of your feet. My mom bought the pack of 3. She took the middle size and I got the small one and the big one. I also got a nail buffer that keeps your nails shiny for 6 days. I started buffing my nails as soon as I got into the car.

I was a fun day. I got some exercise walking around and got to spend some time with my family.