Thursday, August 19, 2010

Disneyland

It was a fun filled and exhausting 5 days in California. We had a blast but we're so happy to be home. The plane ride there was pretty tough. It is pretty easy to keep a 3yr old occupied but not a 1yr old who is always moving around. But we got through it and arrived in Anaheim around 3pm on Wednesday. We went straight to the hotel to get settled in and relax. A few of us were hungry so we walked to a nearby Carl's Jr. I thought i was being smart and i ordered a salad. Later i found out that i shouldn't have done that. Later that day a few of us walked to a small store to buy some food for lunches and snacks. We unpacked and got ready for the days to come

The next morning it hit me. I felt so sick. I didn't think it was a big deal at first. I figured it would go away. I took a shower and tried to get ready. That's when i started to throw up. I ended up getting sick every 15 mins for the next 4 hrs. I was so upset. This would be our first day at Disneyland. The last thing i wanted to do was miss it. The gang decided that everyone except my mom and Jordyn would go to Disneyland and they would stay at the hotel with me. I took a few small naps and continued getting sick. My mom walked to the am/pm and got me some Pepto Bismol. I took some and fell asleep. I was so happy when i woke up that i felt a little better. I had no desire to throw up. I took another cap full and decided to start getting ready.

Jordyn took a nap and then we headed out. I was so relieved that the whole day wasn't wasted. We arrived about 2pm and caught up with everyone. Camryn had already been on several rides. Dumbo, Small World, Carousel were a few. We had a great day after that. I loved seeing how excited Camryn got when she went on a new ride. Poor Jordyn wasn't able to go on that many. I took her on the Haunted Mansion and she cried that whole time. I knew it might be scary but i still wanted her to go. Luckily my dad was with us. If we wanted to go on a ride where Jordyn and Emilia couldn't go on, he usually stayed with them. They would trade pacifiers and talk to each other. lol

The next day we went to California Adventure. It's not as big as Disneyland so we knew it wouldn't be such a long day. It was pretty hot though. They have an area called Bugs Life where they have sprinklers. Camryn loved it. She got soaked. Twice. lol California Adv has a new ride called Tower of Terror. I knew of it because they had it at Universal Studios. Kim, myself, Pedro, my dad, and Pedro's parents were brave enough to go on it. It is supposed to be an old hotel where bad things happened. You get in an elevator and it just drops. Several times. In the dark and then they open the elevator doors and you see all of the park. It was pretty scary. I was screaming my head off but it was fun too. I was glad i went on it.

The next day was back at Disneyland. There were a lot of rides we hadn't been on yet. I think we got through most of them. It can be hard with all the long lines. It's nice that they have Fast Passes. You can go get a fast pass for a certain ride and it gives you a time frame to come back and you can move ahead of the line. We got them for Indiana Jones, it always had a 70 mins wait, Splash Mountain and, Rollercoaster at Cali Adv. My mom and I were at Dland late one night. We had 5 fast passes for Splash mountain, everyone else went back to the hotel, so we went on it twice in a row. Both times i was in the very front and my mom was behind me. Omg! I got soaked. After both times there was no part of my clothing that was dry. It was a blast though. Luckily i didn't get sick because it was 10:00 at night.

Gotta love Disneyland. I want to go again in 5 yrs. :)

IMG_1128


Camryn and mommy waiting for the bus

Camryn with her Mickey ears

Jordyn with her Mickey ears

Camryn on her favorite ride, the carousel

Camryn and mommy on the Ferris Wheel

Camryn in Papa Walt's hat

Jordyn relaxing with mommy's sunglasses

No comments: