Monday, April 7, 2008

Scarlet Fever

I know exactly what you're going to say, "What is scarlet fever and how did you get it." I thought the exact same thing when I went to see the doctor. Lets start at the beginning. It was tuesday April 1st. I woke up energized and ready to work out. I got my daughter up and gave her breakfast. I talked to my sister Kim online. It was her birthday. Then, I strapped Camryn in the jogging stroller and we were off. About 2 hours later we went for another jog. After two jogs, I was exhausted and sweaty. I definitely needed a shower. That's when I saw it. I had a rash that went from my neck to my thighs. It was hideous. I knew exactly where it came from. A couple days earlier I had used a new body scrub. I just assumed that's what it was from. I was hoping it would just go away in a couple days. 2 days later I noticed that it spread. Now it was also on my back. The weird thing was I didn't use the body scrub on my back. I decided to call the doctor and have it checked out. Luckily, they had an opening that morning. About an hour later, I walked out of the doctor's office. I called my mother in law and told her I have Scarlet Fever. I can't believe it. I stumped her. She knows everything but this she had to look up. Yikes! I did the same thing when I got home. I had no idea that Scarlet Fever is a bacteria caused by strep infections. First you get a sore throat, fever, then 24 hrs later you get the rash. Luckily, I never got the sore throat or fever. I just got the rash. Now I am on antibiotics for 10 days. They are making me very tired. I have 5 more days to go. The only thing I haven't figured out is how I got it. That's still a mystery.

1 comment:

Cori said...

great blog :) can't wait to see more updates!